Glass Jas Cooked Cod
With Sundried Tomatoes and Garden Thyme
This is fantastic recipe that will make you fall in love with this cooking method, I promise!
There is no added salt in this recipe and it contains all the ingredients that are beneficial for your blood and your heart like chickpeas and the Omega 3 contained in the fish.
Ingredients for 1 portion (1 jar)
Cod Fillet with Skin 200gr, cut into medium squares
Precooked Chickpeas 70gr
Shallot 20gr, sliced thin with a mandolin
Sundried Tomatoes 4, cut in half
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp
Garlic Powder 1/4 Tsp
Fresh Thyme a few springs
Garlic 1 whole clove with skin
Basil a few leaves
Lemon Zest to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Half litre hermetic glass jar (1 per person)
- Turn the oven on at 200°C.
- Place all the ingredients in the glass jar following this sequence:
- Half of the sliced shallot in the bottom, garlic powder, 3 slices of sundried tomatoes, 2 springs of fresh thyme and 1 basil leaf.
- Lay about half of the cod to cover the bottom layers, top with the rest of the shallot, 3 other slices of sundried tomatoes, 2 thyme springs and 1 basil leaf, chickpeas, some lemon zest, finish with the rest of the cod, 2 more slices of sundried tomato, 1 whole garlic clove crushed a little with your hands, black pepper to taste and 1Tbsp + 1Tsp of olive oil to season everything.
- Place the jar in a large and tall pot, as tall as the jar, and fill it with hot water until 2 fingers from the lid.
- Transfer the tray with the jar in the oven and bake for 25 mins.
- Remove the jar from the oven and serve it immediately. You can transfer the content into a dish or serve it directly in the jar.